Tuesday, March 19, 2013

30 by 30

Ok so I did a post at the very beginning about embarking on a weight loss journey. At that point I had lost 15 lbs and was hoping at some point to give an update on here as I continued to work it.
You may be asking what the title means. Well I didn't want to say it out loud since I was terribly afraid to fail but I made a personal goal to lost at least 30 lbs. by 30 yrs. old. I'm happy to say that I'll be 30 on Monday (Ok...I'm totally not happy to say that!) but I've lost 34 lbs. so I completed my mini-goal! Woo-Hoo! We just canceled our gym memberships last month since I can no longer justify spending the ridiculous amount each month for membership. The pressure is on to keep active and healthy while I continue to drop these last 15ish lbs.

I can honestly say that I'm so happy to throw away some of my fat girl jeans and never look back! God really has given me the strength to establish and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm not perfect but I'm also steps beyond where I was in terms of calorie consumption! I've also noticed that I've had more energy and motivation to do little things with the kiddos that I didn't realize I wasn't doing before. Silly dance parties in the living room, more energy to build towers out of trios, etc.

Well...hoping yet again that this post will get an update and I can use it as public motivation for that extra push in shedding these last handful of lbs!
This picture is reminding me to do a post on the amazing shower I co-hosted!
Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I am JUST reading this. I can't believe you have lost 34 lbs!!!! That is AMAZING I am so happy for you and proud of you.

    I miss living so close to you...

    PS I'll take your fat girl jeans!

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thx! But you'd only get to wear my fat girl jeans for a few more months. :-) xo

      Delete