Monday, September 3, 2012

Play with your food

 I just came across some pictures on my camera from some time ago and remembered this awesome breakfast that I did with the kiddos one morning. I saw it online a while back (there are a zillion sites). So when the boys woke up I had plates, bread, paint brushes and my milk & food coloring mixtures all set up on the table. The excitement on their faces was priceless lol (I really need to let them to 'crafts' more!)  Simple instructions: Paint your bread :o) Little brother painted until his bread was totally sopped with liquid while big bro meticulously wanted to cover his bread with all the different colors without mixing them on the bread.  Once they were done, I popped them in the toaster, whipped up some scrambled eggs and served their masterpieces.


I was thinking that this would be fun to do on birthdays or father's day with special messages on the bread to serve breakfast in bed! Possibilities are really endless and 9 times outta 10 I'm guessing we all have these ingredients on hand. Now that I found this (from almost a year ago!) I think it's about time to pull this idea out of the bag again!

No comments:

Post a Comment